The cute mountain town of Mammoth welcomed us Friday night.
The cabin was perfectly sized, albeit cold, and close to the beautiful slopes.
After years and years of falling down various snowy hillsides via snowboard it was time to get back to my skiing roots.
And I’m so glad I did! Granted I had a minor meltdown on the first run when the lift did not stop at the bunny hill I needed and went far, far, far up to a place where Diamonds aren’t expensive presents.
I made it down though and after that proceeded to slalom away my fears bit by bit.
We ate some amazing meals ( I highly recommend a visit to Petra’s but make reservations because the place gets crazy packed). I am convinced that I’d gain a hundred pounds if I lived here because I’d constantly be “fueling for the mountain.”
Reasons I’m proud:
1. I only fell twice and my blood sugar was low so I feel like that barely counts!
2. I limited my lodge visits for the most part (restroom breaks and “snow juice”…) so I could really get time on the hill.
3. Crying 0nly occured once and it was because I had terrible hives after being in the hot tub.
4. We spent time with our friends who also happened to be at Mammoth. It was a blast!
5. I actually took pictures!
It was an amazing weekend and I can’t wait for our trip to Big Sky Montana next month!